Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

FO: Feathers

Way back in January 2014, I posted about the Feathers QAL, for the pattern by Alison Glass and Nydia Khenle.

Progress: Feathers QAL

I worked through the blocks fairly quickly, and instagram tells me that I finished the quilt top 93 weeks ago. So, the gist is, it took me less than a year to finish the top, and then it sat for over a year.

But, good news! I finished it, and here is proof!

FO: Feathers

I really love how it turned out, and I never tire of that cerise Architextures background!

FO: Feathers

We visited McKinney Falls over the weekend for a hike, and took this quilt along.

FO: Feathers

I used a big piece of a Melissa Averinos Sugar Snap print (Spirograph!) and two coordinating prints for the back. I quilted it with three different colors of thread in "organic" straight lines.

It feels good to get a 2014 WIP finished up so it can be loved again!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your choice of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how different this quilt is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacey,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Jaceycraft has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top Knitting blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/2016/02/09/top-knitting-blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of top Knitting blogs on the internet and I’m honoured to have you as part of this!

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the pink ;), this is a beautiful quilt Jacey! Love the finished version. And maybe it will make you feel better to read one of my latest blog posts where I share the knits that I finished all except some minor finishing details (mostly buttons)...some of those have sat for YEARS just needing a couple buttons. I am the queen of pathetic in that regard!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails