Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

HST + 1: Wild and Free

Sweet Maureen sent me an envelope of Wild and Free just before Quiltcon, and I started cutting into it on Friday. I had a thought of going one step further with some half-square triangles, and I'm really excited about how it's turning out.

The fabrics are fun and vibrant, and I added just a few solids to the mix.

I cut 4.5" squares and made a pile of HSTs (using the two-at-a-time method).

After trimming down the HSTs to 4" squares, I paired them with 4" squares cut from the same prints and solids to make an "HST plus One".

Simple, but awesome! These are then trimmed down to 3.5" blocks, and I'm using them with HSTs and plain 3.5" blocks to make a fun patchwork project.

I'm loving the woven look that is created by combining shapes of the same print.

I plan on building this WIP into a small quilt top soon, so I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I love the different shapes that are created when you start putting all the blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your method! That giant blue gingham is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! I like your block alot!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails