Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A little of this

It seems I'm a little obsessed with the Staple Dress pattern. I've made four versions, and I've got a fifth one cut out. It's such an easy pattern to sew, and it's very comfortable to wear. Of course, I have very little photographic proof that I wear them. So, let's take a quick chronological look at Staple Dress numbers 1-4.


Version 1, finished in May. I followed the pattern for this one, and did five lines of waist shirring. I cut this one at a larger size than the following versions (but the later versions also had less shirring, so it balances out).

FO: Tsuru Staple Tunic
Version 2, tunic length. I used a purchased top to select the length for this version. This is my most-worn version so far.

Let's all ponder what this pose is, shall we? I finished this one on the Madison retreat in June.

FO: Staple Dress #3
Version 3, finished a month ago.

FO: Staple Dress #4
Version 4, in voile and Tsuru, also finished a month ago.

sisters

I wore this one to my sister's rehearsal dinner, but I only have half shots of it. Oh well. Eventually.

The tunic and two later dresses were cut with a wider neckline, as I felt the pattern neckline is just a little too high.

I really appreciate an easy garment pattern that gives great results. I a, thinking of trying April's Date Night Dress pattern soon!

17 comments:

  1. Those dresses tunics look awesome! When you find a great cut that is flattering and fun to make, It makes sense to make a bunch. The fabrics are all so different, they don't look too similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a versatile pattern! it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! Love the viole version especially, that was a great idea to put the panel on the bottom. I need to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all look fantastic! i really like the contrasting trim on dress #2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all! They look really cute on you, and the fabric you chose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all but your second version is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeeep! you are so cute!!!! Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeep! you are so cute!!!! Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeeep! you are so cute!!!! Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dresses are gorgeous - I think the green voile version is my favourite. I have been wanting to try this dress forever myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your wider neck as well. Can you talk a bit about how you graded the pattern to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're such a cutie. i love those dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look fabulous! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all look great! I would definitely wear the tunic version all the time as well. Looks like we have similar figures and it's very flattering. (sjn821 on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are just beautiful! inside and out! i love these dresses on you. i especially love the contrasting facing on the last two. super cute little addition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first time commenting here...I just had too! These dresses are so pretty, love the voile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I want to be you! Someone slap me and don't let me start another quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails