Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy turkey day

I wish you and yours a happy thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to family, fun and food. My grandmother has been ill, but is getting better every day. We've convinced her to stay out of the kitchen and let everyone else in this year. My contributions will be a green bean casserole (using Pioneer Woman's recipe) and my favorite garlic smashed potatoes.

I'm looking forward to a few days off of work, and some knitting time as well. Lately, I've been plugging away at this shawl for my grandmother.

Progress: Followill

Please excuse the poor picture. As you all know, daylight ends so early, and I've been struggling to take satisfactory pictures once I get home from work. The pattern is Followill, and I'm using the same Valley Yarns Northampton I used for my Muddy Maroon Cardigan earlier this year.

I hope you can enjoy some family time, and if you're traveling, be safe.

Tree shadows

5 comments:

  1. that's a beautiful shawl and i'm sure your grandmother will love it! happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is so lovely. Hope it helps your grandmother get even better.

    Oh, and gotta love those Pioneer Woman's recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shawl! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shawl looks lovely!! I totally hear you about the light and photo challenges that this time of year has to offer- I either have to do all my photos on the weekends, or take photos in my bathroom (the brightest room in the place!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shawl - she is going to love it. And Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails