Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sometimes, a little indulgence is necessary

Give yourself permission. Give in. Just a little.

Cast on for projects with disdain for those projects that have long been on the needles.

Use yarn that you've been hoarding and thinking about when you're knitting other things.

After finishing several items in the last few weeks (two of which I still need to share with you!), I cast on vigorously this weekend.
For two things. That's right, folks. I have two new WIPs to share.

First up, Pauline, a bonnet by Knitting Kninja (the link is for ravelry-it's a free pattern!).

Progress: Pauline in Green

I'm knitting this in Malabrigo Worsted. The color is Verde Esperanza and it is divine. I already knit my little i-cord flowers, using some Zen Yarn Garden sock yarn that I bought as part of a sample pack on Etsy several months back. It was only $5, and it had five sample skeins of their various sock yarns in a lovely berry shade. I think the color will go nicely with this green bonnet.

After a few hours of knitting, I'm ready to start the short row shaping. I'm curious to try the applied i-cord edging technique in this pattern. Sounds weird, but neat!

So, since that wasn't enough Malabrigo in my life (along with my Malabrigo Mitts that I need to finish!), I cast on with some Malabrigo Lace for a second Ishbel.
Lacy Blue Ishbel

This is my first time using Malabrigo Lace, and I'm using size 5 needles. The fabric is super soft, and I love the slight variations in this shade of blue (Stone Blue).

I've knit far past this picture. I'm knitting the large stockinette portion, and I'm about two-thirds through that section. This will probably be a gift.

I hope you'll find something new to cast on for soon! Live a little; you won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love both those patterns and I LOVE your color choices. (How can you go wrong with Malabrigo?) I actually gave myself permission to cast on for a sock last night (big surprise), completely ignoring the sweater on the needles. Yay for living dangerously! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure a sock will be my next shameless cast-on. Can't wait to see the next socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, lookit all that fabulous Malabrigo. I just want to reach in and squish 'em! (I mean that in a good way.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails