Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

FO: Purple waffles

A new pair of fingerless gloves for me, which is a good thing, since my mischievous little cat has ruined my Fetchings (the green ones). After finishing my mom's mitts last month, I had more than half a ball of the Malabrigo in Purple Mystery left.


Details:

Waffe Stitch Fingerless Gloves by Jil Toporkiewicz
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, Purple Mystery, approx. 108 yards
Needle: Size 6 straights
Time: 5 days
Recipient: ME!
Thoughts: The pattern is incredibly easy, and works up so fast, since you knit them straight and then seam. I sewed a little button on one of the wrists, just for a little extra something. Also, I don't know if you can tell, but they're actually upside down as compared to the pattern. I like them the way they came out, and I will definitely come back to this pattern when I need a quick and lovely gift.

I finished these on the first, so they are definitely my first FO of 2009. I have second finished object to share, but I'd like to wait until I have some lovely modeled photos to show you. I'll give you a hint, though: it's one of the three WIPs I listed as goals to complete this year!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fingerless gloves! They are my favorite accessory to knit. Those look fabulous, and I'm glad you were able to crank out a pair for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the button - how creative!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails