Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Progress Report-Knitting Skills

I've been knitting for less than a year, and I wanted to compile a list of the things I've learned thus far, as a method of measurement of skill and accomplishment.
Here goes:
-casting on (both long tail loop and backwards loop)
-knit stitch, continental style
-purl stitch, continental style
-determining what stitch should come at the beginning of the next row (this one may be taken for granted, but until recently, I couldn't even figure out if I should knit or purl next in stockinette)
-increases (so far, I know M1, kf&b, and yo)
-decreases (ssk, k2tog, ssp)
casting off (I only know one way of doing this as of yet)
-feeling confident about making "basic" substitutions
-Reading patterns, although I've yet to knit from a chart
-Adding a new ball of yarn
-Making slight modifications to a pattern

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You've certainly made awesome progress.

    And, I LOVE those disco lights in the previous post.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just found your blog after starting my own. Nice to see someone also into knitting and Guild Wars...
    maybe i'll see u ingame, my IGN is Luthien Haleth. Have a good one

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails