Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

One present down, only 8574867 to go

I finally finished one gift. It will be the first thing I've knitted to give it away. It's for the boy's mother. She's a fiber junkie too, but in a different method. She's a hooker (never gets unfunny to say that). She rug hooks, which is a pretty cool art. She also paints and she has her own hooking shop. Needless to say, even though she's not a knitter, she really appreciates the craft, so I'm minorly nervous about presenting her with this hat I made. I feel confident in it, but I'm not giving it to someone who will be impressed just because they can't fathom making something for themselves. She can. She's a lot like my mother though, so she'll probably appreciate it even if she thinks it's ugly, because I made it with love for her. And really, it's not ugly. It's vibrant and festive.

Look! You can sort of tell I dyed my hair!!
Yarn: Wool of the Andes in Cranberry
Needles: Size 8
Time: It really only took around ten hours or so to knit this up, although it was over the course of 2 weeks. I crunched to finish it Thanksgiving night after everyone passed out from turkey and eggnog overload.
Next, I really need to finish Jenny's fetching, and my mother's scarf. I have little or no motivation to complete either project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails